Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Kris's Archaeology Blog

Kris's Archaeology Blog


By K. Kris Hirst,
Why 50,000 bp is a "Crazy Date" for Topper
Saturday February 14, 2009


Later this year, the first peer-reviewed report on the geostratigraphy
of the Topper site in South Carolina will be published in the Journal
of Archaeological Science. I got to look at the paper, and it allows a
solid look at the site stratigraphy, and raises a bunch of questions.

Read all about on the blog:

Source
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Scribalist said...

Please don't post my entire blog here. It's okay to post part and then point to my blog, but posting the whole blog steals from me. I get paid based on traffic, and you posting my whole blog steals that traffic from me.

Please take it down.

Joe Lyon said...

Sorry Kris. I hope you like the way I edited it so that you would et the due taffic. Please let me know if this is ok.

BTW, a while back Doug Weller wrote you to request that the height estimates on one of your Cro-Magnon articles be changed.

It would be a great help for my alternative prehistoric fiction writing endeavors if you could provide me with an average height of European Hss circa 35,000 ybp.
Particularly the average height of male Hss formerly known as Cro-Magnon around that date.

I know that they were over 6 foot on average, but since your blog was edited I have no source to cite, and hence my fiction is suffering.

Although I can understand not wanting to give Creationists ammunition, that desire among archeologists should not prevent a fellow "Darwinist" from having a race of taller than average, more robust than average humans in my fiction while retaining scholarly merit.
Your Cro-Magnon article was a great help legitimizing my vision of prehistoric life before it was edited.